Help: Law Enforcement Guidelines
These guidelines below describe how we deal with law enforcement requests for user records from e6ai.net. All private data will be handled safely and in accordance with applicable laws, as we value the privacy of our users and their personal data.
We disclose user records to Law Enforcement solely in accordance with applicable laws, including the Stored Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2701-2712.
Law Enforcement requests must (i) comply with all applicable laws; (ii) be related to a specific investigation and (iii) be narrowly tailored to the subject of that investigation. We reserve the right to object to Law Enforcement requests that are overly broad, vague, or improperly served.
We collect as little user information as we can, and do so mostly for identification and moderation purposes. Law Enforcement requests must come from appropriate government or law enforcement officials, and be legally proper for the disclosure of each type of record or information sought. For example, under U.S. law:
- a valid subpoena issued in connection with an official criminal investigation is required to compel disclosure of basic user records and information (as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 2703(c)(2)), which may include a user’s name, address, registered email address(es), means and source of payment for any paid services (including any credit card or bank account number), and recent login/logout IP address(es), if available; and
- a search warrant issued under the procedures described in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure or equivalent state warrant procedures, upon a showing of probable cause, is required to compel the disclosure of the stored contents of any user account, which may include posts, messages, photos, videos, and location information.
If, in our good faith judgment, there is an emergency involving danger to life or limb, we may provide the limited information needed to prevent harm, if we have it.
Law Enforcement requests to e6ai.net must include:
- Details of the specific records and information being requested;
- Relationship of the requested records and information to an ongoing investigation;
- Requester's name, title, agency, office, official email address, and direct phone number; and,
- Deadline to respond.
In accordance with applicable law, including 18 U.S.C. § 2703(f), e6ai.net will temporarily preserve user records and information pending the issuance of legal process for disclosure of those records and information. Preservation requests must meet all of the following requirements:
- They must be submitted to man[email protected] with the subject line, “Preservation Request”.
- They must be sent from an official law enforcement or government email address (e.g., [email protected]).
- They must be submitted on law enforcement letterhead and signed by the requesting officer/agent.
- They must properly identify the e6ai username(s) and email address of the user(s), as well as the particular user records to be preserved, along with URL(s) of any relevant post(s) / profiles / images.
- They must identify the timeframe for the user records requested for preservation.
- They must be sent in PDF format or in another non-editable format.
We will hold all information by default for a period of 90 days.
WHERE TO SEND REQUESTS
Law enforcement can submit their requests by email to [email protected].
Alternatively, requests can be mailed here:
Attn: Aaron Urbina
Dragon Fruit Ventures, LLC
16845 N 29th Ave Ste 1 PMB #224
Phoenix, AZ 85053
Neither we nor our users waive any legal rights based on Law Enforcement providing these requests or means of receipt.