Help: Tagging Checklist
This is an informal and unofficial supplement to the tagging rules and guidelines, meant to encourage better and more complete tagging.
Make sure you're also familiar with our Tag What You See policy before editing tags: tag_what_you_see for the policy itself, and e621:Tag What You See (Explained) for a more in-depth explanation why we use TWYS.
Each entry below poses a general question about a post, with some example tags that answer it. A good post will probably have most of these answered (but not necessarily all).
Tags that all posts should have, to maintain minimal searchability.
- Director(s)? Use their best known alias. If a picture has more than one director, tag them all, along with collaboration. If you're not sure who the director is, tag unknown_director. If the director wishes to remain anonymous, use anonymous_director instead.
- Model? Which models were used for the image creation, like for example stable_diffusion
- Explicit for fully or partially exposed genitalia (penis, pussy, cloaca, sheath, balls, or anus), various sex acts even if no genitalia are visible, high amounts of violence/gore, bodily fluids such as cum or pussy_juice, and extreme sexual fetishes such as scat, watersports, or BDSM.
- Safe for anything that can be viewed in public without much uproar: no genitals, no sexual overtones or poses, no realistic violence, or any questionable activity.
- Questionable for everything in between, such as topless females and suggestive poses.
- For more help on ratings please see e6AI: Ratings
- Copyright? The original series or company a character or game is owned by.
- Character? Tag the character's best known name. If not that, their full name.
- Body type? anthro, feral, humanoid, taur, anthrofied (pokemorph, digimorph), ponified, feralized
- Species? human, canine, feline, bovine, cervine, equine, lagomorph, rodent, avian, insect, marine (cetacean, shark), scalie (click for detailed lists)
- Sex/gender? male, female, intersex (herm, maleherm, gynomorph, andromorph), ambiguous_gender
- See How To: Tag Genders for a detailed guide
- How many? solo, duo, group, zero_pictured
- Clothing? fully_clothed, partially_clothed, skimpy, nude, bottomless, topless, underwear, open_shirt
- Location? inside, outside, bedroom, kitchen, forest
- Male bits? penis, balls, sheath, knot, erection, half-erect, flaccid, humanoid_penis, equine_penis, tapering_penis, veiny_penis, uncut, circumcised
- Female bits? pussy, clitoris, plump_labia, equine_pussy, canine_pussy
- Other? butt, anus, puffy_anus, gaping_anus, urethra, genital_slit
- Sex act? sex (male/female, female/female, male/male, bisexual), masturbation, handjob, footjob, fellatio, cunnilingus, vaginal_penetration, anal_penetration, threesome, foursome, orgy, gangbang, frottage, tribadism, orgasm, cum_inside
- Position? Common ones: missionary_position, cowgirl_position, reverse_cowgirl_position, from_behind, 69_position, stand_and_carry_position.
- See also: tag group:sex positions
- Sexual themes? bondage, domination, rape, rough_sex, happy_sex, presenting, internal, impregnation, bestiality, interspecies, public, exhibitionism
- Fluids? cum, cumshot, precum, pussy_juice, pussy_ejaculation, saliva
- Toys? dildo, vibrator, buttplug, egg_vibrator, strapon, feeldoe
Pose / Activity / Appearance
- General activity (if any)? walking, running, fighting, sleeping, dancing, eating, kissing, licking
- Posture? standing, bent_over, sitting, crouching, kneeling, all_fours, on_front, on_side, on_back, ass_up (see tag group:pose for full list)
- Body decor? glasses, ring, necklace, bracelet, anklet, tattoo, piercing, collar, hat
- Fur style? mane, chest_tuft, pubes
- Hair? hair, long hair, short hair
- Breasts? breasts (small_breasts, big_breasts, huge_breasts), nipples, under_boob, side_boob, teats
- Limbs? crossed_arms, raised_arms, arms_behind_head, spread_legs, crossed_legs, raised_leg, legs_up, raised_tail, tailwag
- Gaze? looking_at_viewer, looking_back, eye_contact, eyes_closed
- Expression? blush, wink, smile, grin, tongue_out, naughty_face, embarrassed, happy, sad
Information and Requests
- Quality/medium? sketch, line_art, monochrome, shaded, pencil_(artwork), watercolor, 3D, digital_media_(artwork)
- Picture organization? comic, multiple_scenes, sequence, close-up, portrait, pinup, solo_focus, wallpaper
- Style? toony, detailed, realistic
- Text and languages? english_text, japanese_text, spanish_text, runes, dialogue, speech_bubble, symbol
- Information? translated, partially_translated, unknown_artist_signature, not_furry, bigger version at the source
- Requests? translation_request, source_request, tagme
- Image size? low_res, hi_res, absurd_res, superabsurd_res
- Year of creation? 2016, 2015, and so on
Do NOT tag
- Subjective tags that express opinions. Common examples include beautiful, sexy, hot, good, crappy and most other adjectives. Subjective themes can be collected into a set instead. (See https://e6ai.net/help/sets )
- Generic tags such as legs, eyes, big, image and organism.